Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default angle grinder with chainsaw blade

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 15:47:26 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 16:04:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

I dare say several here have watched a few Stumpy Nubs videos on
youtube, maybe even some of his safety videos for e.g. table saw
kickback?

Well, he had a lucky escape with a chainsaw blade in an angle grinder

https://youtu.be/A7xWHEWov8M

Ouch . I can't help but think a chainsaw uses just the same type of
blade. I make quite sure I don't stand inline with a chainsaw blade!
But
still not really a friendly tool.

Sure, but neither is a circular saw or an angle grinder.

I regard them as friendlier than chainsaws.

Thats very arguable depending on the individual using
them and what precautions they take when doing so.

Circs in particular are easy to hold against kickback.

Sure, but much easier to cut a finger off with than a chainsaw.
Its trivial to ensure that chainsaw kick back isnt a problem.

AGs don't spin big teeth to dig deep into
the workpiece - unless you use a loony disc.

But dont have the same safety features that a
good chainsaw does, and the chainsaw doesnt
have the disc that can explode and do real
damage with the bits flying around. And there
is no equivalent of the chain brake either.