Michael A. Ball

Default The real McCoy?

The company I work for bought a "Maytag" dryer almost two years ago,
from Lowe's. The motor shorted out yesterday. The repairman said the
dryer is not a genuine Maytag because a genuine Maytag motor would have
been warranted for more than one year.

I had been considering a Maytag Neptune washer, but now I'm not so sure.
How can a consumer with no training in appliances tell if he is
purchasing a real Maytag or not?

Note: I'm not bothered that the dryer motor failed, because it is used
every day {bed and bath linen}. I just wonder if a genuine Maytag
product might have held up even longer.

Thank you.
Michael
A day without recoil is like a day without sunshine!