Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Rooting a phone

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 18:09:36 +0000, Reentrant
wrote:

On 26/11/2019 17:37, Michael Chare wrote:
On 26/11/2019 17:23, Reentrant wrote:
On 26/11/2019 15:39, wrote:
I've had a Galaxy Note 4 for many years and am still happy with it,
except that something is making it run s l o o w l y. I plan to make
a note of everything I use and then nuke it back to factory settings
and reinstall the Apps I want, but this is also an opportunity to
root it.
Rooting a phone is new to me so I have no idea how easy or risky it
is, which ROM to use, and whether the benefits outweigh the hassle.
All opinions and experiences gratefully received.

XDA is a good place to start.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4

I have a bank app. The installation instructions said app would not work
if the phone was rooted.

Magisk will hide rooted status from specified apps; the author always
seems to be one step ahead of Safetynet (the part of the OS that detects
root) but no guarantee that will continue for ever ...

Isn't the real question not how to do it and get away with it under
normal circumstances but whether, if your mobile banking goes itspu
and you lose all your dosh, your bank will still pay you compo?

Nick