Posted to uk.d-i-y
Reentrant[_11_] Reentrant[_11_] is offline

Default Rooting a phone

On 26/11/2019 17:37, Michael Chare wrote:
On 26/11/2019 17:23, Reentrant wrote:
On 26/11/2019 15:39, wrote:
I've had a Galaxy Note 4 for many years and am still happy with it,
except that something is making it run s l o o w l y. I plan to make
a note of everything I use and then nuke it back to factory settings
and reinstall the Apps I want, but this is also an opportunity to
root it.
Rooting a phone is new to me so I have no idea how easy or risky it
is, which ROM to use, and whether the benefits outweigh the hassle.
All opinions and experiences gratefully received.

XDA is a good place to start.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4

I have a bank app. The installation instructions said app would not work
if the phone was rooted.

Magisk will hide rooted status from specified apps; the author always
seems to be one step ahead of Safetynet (the part of the OS that detects
root) but no guarantee that will continue for ever ...

--
Reentrant