Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Generator Price Heads Up

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

The larger diesel generators seem to be a lot more econimical to run
from what I have heard.

Diesels are great if you have a big tank of it on site. If the
stations are closed, you aren't getting diesel either.

Good thing about the diesel is the fuel last a very long time in
storage. I hear it is good for years. May need some alge treatment ?

Where I am at the power seldom goes out and if it does it has not been
out very long. Maybe 2 days at the most.

If I lived in some areas where it goes out frequently I would look into
the diesel. There is no natural gas line near here.

I'd look at solar + a powerwall or LG battery pack. Suitably sized
installation basically negates the loss of grid completely. And a
non-zero return on investment; it doesn't sit idle most of the time
like a generator will.