Bob Eager

Default Best Screw of 2002

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:56:12 UTC, Grunff wrote:

SJ wrote:

Hi, excuse the subject line, i bought the QUICKSILVERŽ PRODRIVEŽ
SELECTION PACK SCREWS from screwfix and have got to be honest have
thrown more out than i have used, it seems that the heads are to soft
so just round off, As anyone bought decent screws from screwfix if so
which ones.

They used to do the Spax Torx drive screws. Twin thread, with
serrations on the last few threads. Superb screws. They stopped
doing them, so I now buy them from Axminster.

Once you try them, you will never use other screws.

I agree. Didn't know you could get them there...got my last lot from
B&Q!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...