Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default inductive?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:10:59 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 24/11/2019 18:30, Tweed wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Clive Arthur wrote:

Instead of LEDs use phosphors which are illuminated by ultra-violet
lasers.* The lasers are fixed and only illuminate the phosphors when
they're in gate-closed position. Can't see the problem.

Just coat the gate with radium paint ... simples

What about reflective strip on the gate and a light from a fixed location
that illuminates the strip? What is the primary purpose of illuminating the
gate with leds? Is it to make it visible to people approaching it, or for
the lights on the gate to illuminate the surrounding area?

Replying to Andy and Tweed. I did wonder about a reflective strip. The
purpose of the illumination is
1. To have some fun
2. So I can see if the gate's closed without looking on the CCTV (it's
in a dark place)
3. To reduce the chance of a vehicle hitting the gate.

Bill

I was going to suggest a series of
reflectors/light-guides/fibre-optics illuminated from one 24W light
source when the gate is closed. Anyway a roadsign type of
retro-reflector would pick up the vehicle's headlights.
--
Dave W