Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default overpaintable anti-mould paint.

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 07:44:00 -0800 (PST), wrote:

snip
holes can be cut from indoors only -

Great idea. I like it. It's going to take someone a bit more supple
than me to do that though, as the drilling machine will have to be
squeezed into the narrow space above some tightly fitted cupboards.

debris can fall out of course so some cordoning may be needed. A dehumidifier is generally cheaper though.

I'm considering a dehumidifier, though it's surely less of a direct
approach than blowing the steam straight out of a hole in the wall.

It puzzles me how many people produce tons of steam when cooking. Learning not to is trivial.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing my share of the cooking but my wife
is a fanatical steamer of food. She believes the method will keep us
healthier for longer. She uses a 4 tier electric steamer.

We've tried steaming in the microwave and have bought various plastic
devices for doing so. But there's not the height for 4 tiers in
there, the plastic lids tend not to fit too well and though we'd love
to find a stacking microwave steamer made from glass rather than
plastic, the search is proving to be a long, and so far, fruitless
one.

NT

--

Mike