Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Generator Price Heads Up

On 11/25/2019 11:27 AM, Rory St. Johns wrote:
On 11/25/19 7:40 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
The generator I bought for $799 has a Black Friday price of $749.
Usual price is about
$1000.Â* Free shipping.Â* It's a Pulsar 12000 watt.Â* Gas or propane.

Not sure about any generator brands other than Honda.Â* I went through
about four generators in the past before the Honda, which I've had for
nearly 20 years now.Â* They cost more, but last significantly longer than
most of the other brands.

I've been lucky with my 13 year old Power Boss with Briggs and Stratton
engine and Generac generating part. Has worked reliably but it is
noisy. Honda's I've seen run quietly but are pricey.

I note this Pulsar has electric start and is twice the power of mine.
If I had one like that I would power the whole house. I also note there
are units today that can power the whole house without much attention to
what you are using. Mine has a transfer box and only picks up critical
needs like my well, furnace and refrigerator and freezers.