Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do temperatures vary more in the sourthern hemisphere?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:33:31 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/24/2019 05:39 PM, wrote:
I was pretty fortunate to have never been encumbered by any organized
religion. I can see virtue is some of the things all of them tell us,
other stuff is pure bull****. It is still none of my business what
other people believe and I think they have as much of a right to free
speech as the other special interest groups. That means I am not
offended if they put up a creche in the park.

If there is a disappointing thing about Christianity it is, after
preserving Western culture for over a thousand years, many are
capitulating to political correctness. The Jul season is pleasant; after
all they stole almost everything from the Old Religion.

'Tree of Salvation: Yggdrasil and the Cross in the North' by G. Ronald
Murphy S.J. goes into quite a bit of detail. He has also written two
books on the Heliand, an adaptation of the gospels in Old Saxon that was
edited to make it more appealing to the target audience. Jesus is the
drighten of a small band of warriors.

Christmas is a marketing event with a lot of phony sentiment and
unreasonable expectations. If I want to give someone a gift. I will do
it when they need it, not just because some pagan solstice celebration
happened a couple days before. If History is as accurate as passed
down legends Jesus was probably born in the summer and not on year
zero ... or is that year one? AD or BC?