Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default inductive?

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 25/11/2019 01:01, Marland wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/11/2019 17:56, Clive Arthur wrote:

That would be quite difficult, I think, by the time everything is
weatherproofed. Mechanical coupling might be easier - motor on the
gatepost operated by microswitch coupling to a generator on the gate.

You've given me an idea. An extra wheel running on the gate rail turning
a generator!

Acquiring a Bicycle wheel with a hub dynamo could be a solution for
that
method, or just fix an old style bottle dynamo to the gate so that its
wheel rubs the rail.

With all your aerial experience cant you fix one on the gate to get
some
energy from Radio 4 long wave or something.

GH

It's a pity it isn't possible to rectify UHF with a diode, because the
gate has clear sight of Emley Moor.

Wouldnt get enough power that way even if you could rectify UHF with a
diode.