Posted to alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Useless things found on ebay number 437

On 11/24/2019 02:22 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 11/24/19 2:00 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Plenty have got a full refund from Amazon but its not clear how often
that happens with third party sellers on amazon as opposed to stuff
that amazon themselves are selling. That's the big difference with
ebay, ebay doesn't actually sell stuff itself.

That (having a problem with Amazon orders from third-party sellers) has
happened to me 3 times IIRC:

1 (little cameras that were cheap useless junk) returned and credited

2 (DVDs that never arrived) credited

3 (defective photo printer) credited with no return required

That's been my experience. I ordered several Photon Micro Lights. One
was an obvious Chinese knock-off. One email to Amazon and I was
credited, no return necessary. I also noticed that vendor was no longer
on the site.

Many Chinese products are perfectly fine but there are always vendors
trying to slip in junk. What has always puzzled me is it takes quite a
bit of work to make a crappy copy of something like the Photon light.
Why not do a little more and make it credible?