Posted to alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Useless things found on ebay number 437

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:26:07 -0500, Peter wrote:

On 11/24/2019 9:23 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263483336531

This apparently changes the plug on the end of a male DVI cable to....
er a male plug about 1 inch further away.Â* So, it's a very small
extension lead?Â* Or a gender changer that well.... doesn't.

The only valid use I can think of: Just what you need if your setup
causes a cable you already own to be 1" too short. If the equipment is
rack mounted, the only options might be the adapter or a longer cable.
The adapter is cheaper than buying a longer cable. Admittedly not a
common scenario!

Isn't this a 'port saver'? Fix it to the equipment so that continual
plugging and unplugging wears that, not the port on the equipment.