Posted to alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Useless things found on ebay number 437

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 16:57:53 -0000, Shadow wrote:

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 14:23:06 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263483336531

This apparently changes the plug on the end of a male DVI cable to.... er a male plug about 1 inch further away. So, it's a very small extension lead? Or a gender changer that well.... doesn't.

I bought something like that online for my headphones. It was
50% off if bought with the headphones. About a meter long, and it came
with 2 female plugs.
When I asked for my money back they said "the ad never said it
was compatible".
Annoying, but U$ 5 is not enough to get my blood pressure up.
The shop lost a customer, though.
[]'s

I take revenge on principal, for one reason so nobody else gets conned - somebody could need something urgently. I simply click Ebay's "return this item" and state it's not as described. This 99% of the time makes the seller concerned (unsolved complaints where Ebay has to intervene increases the fee percentage for the seller in future, and can eventually make them lose their account).

I once bought an adapter to convert two molex power plugs to a 6 pin graphics card power plug. When it arrived, it was wired up incorrectly. Both the 5V and 12V lines from the molex (PSU end) were connected together to feed the graphics card end's 12V pins. When I sent the seller a message about it, informing them it would have shorted the 5V and 12V lines, I was told "if it's a good power supply it can handle it". I told Ebay they were selling a product which could damage people's expensive equipment or possibly cause a fire. Ebay returned my money, I kept the adapter, rewired it properly, and it worked fine.