Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Genie Pro 88 won't close

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 6:02:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm having the similar problem. The door works freely. I have no safety sensors but it's as though the safety sensor is keeping the door from closing. the problem was intermittent but happens all the time now. The door opens fine but will not close at any position. I have checked the grounds and I've made sure the stop switches are not shorted or open and are working properly. I'm thinking the circuit board is bad as I just replaced the bad transformer. Opener worked fine for about a month after the transformer..

Did you google for the brand and repair video? When the door
reverses it's usually the eye sensors, but you don't have those. Next on
the list, I think there was some kind of wheel that spins on the end of
the gears and a sensor that it uses to tell if the door has abruptly stopped.
That can be loose, broken, etc. At least some makes have that. There is also
a downforce sensor, which if set too low could cause a problem. You said the
door moves freely, which I assume includes that it's close to balanced,
doesn't take much force to lower it.