Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rifling machine plans

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 00:00:18 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 10:19:45 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:53:34 -0800, pyotr filipivich

There are many reasons, some specious, some plausible.

I think it is because they embraced change (then found out it gave
them power and made tons of money, too.) It probably had
something
do with concentration of like-minded people, too.

Especially these two, and later their apprentices:
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Joseph-Bramah

Cool.

The USA had comparably talented inventors but they didn't work
together.
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Oliver-Evans
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Simeon-North
https://www.britannica.com/biography...-Miller-Shreve
https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-Fitch

Wow, so much loss for these poor guys! Then fame for Fulton rather
than Fitch. That sucks. But we did have some very talented people
in the USA.

--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe