Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Windows 7 nag screen...

Has anyone else noticed that in the last few days a nag screen has started
to appear at start up on windows 7 home machines?
Also while in use most windows 7 machines since the recent updates have
apparently started refreshing their screens, no matter what is running. The
sighted may not see this except for perhaps a mouse position move, but blind
users, if reading a document, find it stops the reading, as it changes the
focus of the carat.
Similar things can happen if some alert is displayed, but there is no
alert, so I did wonder if this was in readiness for a mega nag after the end
of January to **** off users.
Brian

For a while I've been wondering whether to risk changing from W7 to W10,
but this thread gave me the poke I needed. The process was quick(ish),
painless and (so far) everything seems to work. YMMV, of course.