Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default Norbert Dentressangle

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

can anyone positively confirm the 'Stobart' is pronounced 'Stobbart',
and not 'Stowbart'?

Their own corporate video pronounces it 'stow'

https://vimeo.com/325701626

True (five times). As I said, the TV documentary also used 'Stowbart',
but I'm sure that in the radio interview (which I'm sure I heard), one
of the family frequently referred to 'Stobbart'. I remember this because
I used to work near an ES depot, and used to see dozens of lorries each
day. I mentally used to read 'Stowbart' - until I heard the radio
programme. Maybe they've simply adopted a policy of 'If you can't beat
'em, join 'em'.
--
Ian