Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do temperatures vary more in the sourthern hemisphere?

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 16:40:38 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 23 Nov 2019 16:36:46 -0500, micky
wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstu...-earth-58.html

BTW, I found this webpage because I was looking to learn more about the
flat earth.

As I suspected, the earth is shaped like a pizza pie.

Scholars believe this means the earth was invented by Italians.

Bear that in mind when you're digging for onions to put on your pizza.

"How Does Earth Move?
Earth orbits the sun once every 365 days, or one year. The shape of its
orbit is not quite a perfect circle. It's more like an oval, which
causes Earth's distance from the sun to vary during the year. Earth is
nearest the sun, or at "perihelion," in January when it's about 91
million miles away. Earth is farthest from the sun, or at "aphelion," in
July when it's about 95 million miles away."

So, note that the sun is farther from the earth in July, so how come
it's not colder then. Well, in the north, the sun hits the earth more
directly, so the earth gets more rays per acre. So the two factors
compensate for each other.

But doesn't that mean that in the southern hemisphere, when it's the
suns rays are hitting the earth obliquely and it's colder because of
that, it's also farther from the sun, so it's colder because of that
too. So the two factors reinforce each other. That is, doesn't that
mean the difference between summer and winter temperatures are greater
in the southern hemisphere than the northern?

"Why Does Earth Have Seasons?
Earth has seasons because its axis is tilted. Thus, the sun's rays hit
different parts of the planet more directly depending on the time of
year.

From June to August, the sun's rays hit the Northern Hemisphere more
directly than the Southern Hemisphere. The result is warm (summer)
weather in the Northern Hemisphere and cold (winter) weather in the
Southern Hemisphere."

I suppose the potential is there but the northern hemisphere has
vastly more land in the higher latitudes where the weather swings the
most. That is not true in the Southern Hemisphere.
Bring up google earth and center the south pole in the circle. Then do
the same with the northern hemisphere. You find out pretty quickly
that as soon as you get outside the arctic circle, the southern
hemisphere is mostly ocean that will moderate the temperature and the
northern hemisphere is mostly land. Temperature can go nuts over land.
Fairbanks Alaska is a great example. It is in the middle of a big land
mass and the temperature swings from almost 100 in the summer to 50
below in the winter. (It was 99 in Fairbanks when we got off the plane
in late June on our trip, hotter than it was in Ft Myers Fla when we
left)