Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article , says...

It costs about $10k for a typical system nowadays with credits; and that won't change
much next year, even with the 50% cut in the federal tax credit. And
the payback period runs from 7 to 10 years depending on your insolation
and average electric supplier rates.

So far I do not recall anyone saying if you put that 10,000 in stock or
something giving aorund 5% interist or if you had to borrow that 10,000
for 5 or more years what would be the payback.

For my solar installation, I'm making about 12% per annum on that 10k. And the
percentage increases with the price of electricity.

Payback period is just over 6 years; but the 12%+ ROI continues for 25.

What is the cost reduction per month or year in percent ? Do you save
50 % or 75 % of the cost of electricity ?

100% in my case (~4kw system). I generated slightly over 1500 Kwh excess
of my usage last year (and was renumerated for it at about USD0.03 per kwh,
which covered most of the years sum of the mandatory monthly charge to be connected to
the grid ($10.00/month)).