Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD tripping.

Woke up this morning to find the RCD in the split load CU had tripped.
Turned out to be something on the 1st floor ring. With that MCB off, no
problems. Put it to on, and the RCD tripped again.

Unplugged everything on it. Fine. Slowly re-instate things and haven't
found the problem one(s) yet. I suspect it is a current sensing 4 way
outlet in the spare room which feeds the AC system there.

It's only when you do this sort of thing you realise just how much stuff
you have. ;-)

Wondered if there was some form of 'leakage' tester I could buy or make?
To find out the actual fault current in each and every thing which is
plugged in to it? And what is acceptable - as I realise some things will
have some anyway.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.