Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Windows 7 nag screen...

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 10:27:13 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

download the Win 10 media creation tool and let it
"update" the current machine - it will give you an upgrade install of
win 10 without losing programs and data.

I thought the original in-situ upgrade option expired some time ago

Microsoft never actually stopped the upgrade from working, I've upgraded
a dozen, they all activate cleanly.

How though?

I think I remember the original upgrade was offered to you
automatically and then it stopped (being offered) but you may have
been able to still get it by running something yourself. Then I
thought that stopped but you could still actually install W10 using a
W7/8 key, just that you couldn't upgrade?

Cheers, T i m