Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default overpaintable anti-mould paint.

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 10:14:22 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 23/11/2019 08:50, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Having bought anti mould spray from Lidl and then treated the
offending patches to a double dose, it may be that ordinary emulsion
would be sufficient to cover the treated areas.

If its condensation and not damp penetration then one of the ordinary
paints designed for kitchen/bathroom wetter areas use would suffice. If
you still have any staining after dealing with the mould then I would
recommend a paint designed for sealing the area first or you may/will
find that the stain bleeding through your new paint.
I've used Zinsser 1-2-3 sealers with success and then used a paint of my
choice over the top.

Sounds like good advice, I'll look into that. Thanks.
--

Mike