Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default overpaintable anti-mould paint.

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 08:58:22 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 14:51:31 +0000, alan_m
wrote:
On 22/11/2019 14:14, Mike Halmarack wrote:

So many of the anti-mould paints are not overpaintable. Looking online
today I see that there are a lot of options that are said to be not
overpaintable. There are some that don't specify this feature one way
or another. I haven't spotted one yet that claims specifically to be
overpaintable.

Zinsser as sold by Screwfix/Toolstation

https://www.zinsseruk.com/howto/how-...nt-over-mould/

https://letsremovemold.com/painting-...ld-to-kill-it/

Not being a professional and also a bit lapsadaisical I tend to get a
bit scared off by information that would have me buy a large range of
items to do one job. I realise that mixing and matching is a
possibility. But these articles usually advise or imply the need for
caution in straying from the branded list.

too much misinformation on the 2nd link. The 1st is honest enough to admit that you need to sort the problem out first, painting is cosmetic.

NT