Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

In article ,
says...

It costs about $10k for a typical system nowadays with credits; and that won't change
much next year, even with the 50% cut in the federal tax credit

How big is "the typical $10,000 system"? (I really haven't priced one
for a while)

What other credits are there besides the federal tax credit?

For more than half of households in the US that credit is not that
valuable because it is non refundable. They don't really owe that much
in taxes in the first place. That is why I say "welfare for the rich".

I know the person that has this setup. He gave a talk a few years back.
Seems like he has been at it about 10 years. Uses some large pannels ,
atleast 2 that are about 4 x 8 feet. Generates about 12 kw in full sun.
They are not on his roof,but on posts out in the yard. He has a lot of
land to put them on out in the country.

Over the 10 years looks like he provided about 2/3 of his power by
solar.

Around here the power is about 11 cents per kwh.

http://www.kenclifton.com/wordpress/...eration-stats/