Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] korey3448@gmail.com is offline

Default Genie Pro 88 won't close

I'm having the similar problem. The door works freely. I have no safety sensors but it's as though the safety sensor is keeping the door from closing. the problem was intermittent but happens all the time now. The door opens fine but will not close at any position. I have checked the grounds and I've made sure the stop switches are not shorted or open and are working properly. I'm thinking the circuit board is bad as I just replaced the bad transformer. Opener worked fine for about a month after the transformer.