Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 11:02:35 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:13:17 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:34:22 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 21 Nov 2019 20:23:04 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:03:05 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Please, no encouragement needed. It wouldn't take a whole lot for me to
say FU to the HOA and put a whole roof full of full size solar panels on

I live in an HOA and one a small number of my neighbors have installed
solar cells. One installation looks terrible. They used galvanized
conduit and ran it a foot or two to the edge of hte roof, then around
the gutter then down the whole front of the house. It looks terrible.
The whole thing looks terrible because of that.

The house was brown to begin with. Don't they make brown conduit?

(Even that wouldn't be enough fo rme, but it would look a heck of a lot
better. They haven't tried to paint it either.)

In their current form, solar panels aren't sexy to me, but they are quite
quickly looking more practical in recent years. As for the conduit, I don't
think anything looks worse than to paint it.

If it is painted to match the background color it isn't horrible. The
lights in my screen cage are run with EMT and it pretty much just
disappears against the framing. It is bronze tho.

IDK what's so terrible about painting conduit either. As long as it's done
right. For a new install, I'd spray paint most of it before it's put up,
then do the joints, touch it up, after it's up. But the panels are just
as ugly and no hiding them.