Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:34:22 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 21 Nov 2019 20:23:04 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:03:05 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Please, no encouragement needed. It wouldn't take a whole lot for me to
say FU to the HOA and put a whole roof full of full size solar panels on

I live in an HOA and one a small number of my neighbors have installed
solar cells. One installation looks terrible. They used galvanized
conduit and ran it a foot or two to the edge of hte roof, then around
the gutter then down the whole front of the house. It looks terrible.
The whole thing looks terrible because of that.

The house was brown to begin with. Don't they make brown conduit?

(Even that wouldn't be enough fo rme, but it would look a heck of a lot
better. They haven't tried to paint it either.)

You can paint conduit but I doubt they had a lot of choice about the
location. In this hemisphere, the collectors need a southern exposure.
It is one thing that keeps them from really being attractive for me.
My ridge line runs north and south so half the day they would be in
the shade. I also don't like the idea of poking holes in my roof. I
would prefer them on the ground but the neighbors would really hate
that ;-)