Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default key safe recommendation

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 22 November 2019 14:17:12 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 22/11/2019 13:28, whisky-dave wrote:

Some devices can the cheaper ones. But why are we seucuring the door
from others is the important thing here, and it;s not like no one has
ever gained access without the correct key to any place, it;s just
what effort you need to take to eliminate such a thing and in most
cases I doubt many people carry a dead finger around with them, or
have access to the latex and a suitable finger. Face recognicion is
another option, I've heard in the USA they are looking into guns that
can only be fired after face recogniction has been used. I'm
expecting some idiot to blow their own face off.

And possible after all the electronic security the interlock will be a
simple relay contact that can be bypassed with a bit of wire.

Yes, like they do on star trek and other such things where they use brut
force to rip off the keybad consule and then join a couple of wires
together.

The law abiding will use the face recognition while the criminal
fraternity and US kids "borrowing" firearms will look on Youtube and
find the bypass.

or find an easier target. I;m not sure how often this sort of thing gets
bypassed.

Much like the popular home safes with an electronic keypad where the
lock relay can be defeated simply by placing a magnet in the top left
corner of the door to trigger the relay.

My dad had two of those, where he kept spare cash, which amounted to
nearly £500 He used his DoB as the combination.

I use my late mother-in-law's phone number (at her previosu house)

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England