Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default key safe recommendation

On 22/11/2019 13:28, whisky-dave wrote:

Some devices can the cheaper ones. But why are we seucuring the door from others is the important thing here, and it;s not like no one has ever gained access without the correct key to any place, it;s just what effort you need to take to eliminate such a thing and in most cases I doubt many people carry a dead finger around with them, or have access to the latex and a suitable finger.
Face recognicion is another option, I've heard in the USA they are looking into guns that can only be fired after face recogniction has been used.
I'm expecting some idiot to blow their own face off.

And possible after all the electronic security the interlock will be a
simple relay contact that can be bypassed with a bit of wire.

The law abiding will use the face recognition while the criminal
fraternity and US kids "borrowing" firearms will look on Youtube and
find the bypass.

Much like the popular home safes with an electronic keypad where the
lock relay can be defeated simply by placing a magnet in the top left
corner of the door to trigger the relay.