Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Daylight' LED lights

On Thursday, 21 November 2019 17:37:35 UTC, PeterC wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 14:40:06 +0000, R D S wrote:

Does daylight mean blue, or are these lights not right?
I didn't want warm ones as they look beige.
Problem is I got 10 of them on ebay, as they were a good price.

Anyway, i've put one up in my office at work and I feel like i'm, in a
fishtank, I know things aren't nearly right as after a couple of hours
up there I went downstairs where we have some orange clipboards and they
appeared to be glowing.

I wonder if they can they be toned down at all?
I need more than one light so if I fitted a warm one adjacent, would I
get something more natural overall?
It probably doesn't help that the room is painted lilac, that's going to
change, I wonder if I could improve matters with a different colour decor.

The shouldn't be blue - I've quite a few 6000 - 6500K and sometimes forget
to switch one of in daylight because it makes no difference to the perceived
colour.

That could be because the daylight bilb isn't bright enough to matter and it;s contributing little to the ambient light level.