Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2025 analogue phone line switch off

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:58:47 +1100, Ray wrote:

Mobiles yes but not proper VOIP calls. Unless you are trying to

use
VOIP over an iffy mobile data link rather than a stable
ADSL/VDSL/FTTP connection but even then it's just drop outsrather
than the mangled donald duck noises that mobiles produce.

Never ever get any mangled donald duck noises with my mobile and I use
it for all calls now.

Presumably you live in an area with a good signal no matter where you
are inside or out. Here you have to be upstairs, by a window, on the
right side of the house to stand a chance of being able to make a
phone call without, donald duck noises, drop outs or the call just
disconnecting.

A lot of people don't seem to notice these issues or the delay all of
which I find very distracting.

--
Cheers
Dave.