Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] The Marquis Saint Evremonde[_2_] is offline

Default key safe recommendation

alan_m posted

Recommendation for key safe required. This is the type to be fitted
outside of a front door and holds the front door key.

This is for an elderly relative with failing sight (in one eye) so
ideally needs large easy to read numbers and a mechanism that easy to
use. It will also be used by carers visiting the property.

Currently fitted is this type
https://www.screwfix.com/p/master-lo...key-safe/77908

and IMO is completely crap. The numbers on the combination are small
and with fairly limited use are already silver on a silver background
and even I have difficulty in seeing them. The opening lever requires
thin fingers and not only has it to be pushed down but to open the box
has to be caught with a finger nail to bring it forward.

Agreed, and it is not very secure either. We had one on our village hall
front door, and somebody simply prised it open to get the key.

We replaced it with a Keysafe Consumer 500, which is more expensive
(£50-ish) but much stronger, and more digits..

https://keysafe.co.uk/c500-keysafe.html

It doesn't have the large conspicuous button labels that you specified,
but as someone else said it won't be your elderly relative using it.
She'll have her own key.

--
Evremonde