Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default Norbert Dentressangle

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 5:09:58 PM UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 21/11/2019 13:38, John wrote:
I realised today that I hadn't seen their lorries for ages. Did some
Googling and found they are now XPO Logistics. Sad - I liked that name.

Some trucks used to be Christian Salvesen, who for some reason had a
generator hire company, called Aggreko, which is now a standalone
company, still based in Glasgow, I think.

Christian Salveson used originally to operate a whaling fleet. They
diversified. The haulage company was bought by Norbert Dentrissagle in
2007.

The large numbers of penguins at Edinburgh Zoo is a as a resultb of the
whaling crews taking penguins as pets on their travels and not being able
to keep them when they got home.

Oddly enough, I was just thinking recently that I hadn't seen their lorries recently. I have seen Dentressangle occasionally referred to as Deathstrangle.

Christian Salvesen, despite the name, were a Scottish company based in Leith. I remember my dad telling me that and not quite believing him.