Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2025 analogue phone line switch off

"Marland" wrote in message
Dr S Lartius wrote:

However, a switch-off of the analogue phone signal does not _require_ a
switch-off of the DC power which is applied to the distant end of your
telephone feed.

Wont fibre to the cabinet at least become normal once digital
has fully taken over, the few people who dont have broadband
or transferred to one of the plans that use fibre for part of the
route from the exchange will fairly small by then

In theory at least ours will all be gone 18 months after
the broadband service has become available to them.
They have to change to have the landline service over
the broadband service or decide they are happy with
a mobile service alone. I say in theory because in
practice there are still a few dinosaur services that
still need the copper back to the exchange like
some of the older traffic light systems etc, but
they are still pulling the plug on the old POTS
services for households. So no copper between
the cabinet and the exchange anymore.

and be connected in that manner wether they like
it or not. With no copper connection it wont be
possible to power phones by DC from the exchange.

Yep. And our RIMs and CMUXes have had only
fibre back to the exchange for decades now.
And once all the POTS and adsl service they
provide have been cut over to the FTTP or FTTC
they will all be gone too.