Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2025 analogue phone line switch off

Tim Streater wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

It's not clear whether you think that today, FTTC customers have no
copper connection back to the exchange?

Perhaps we're powered by the cab, then, We've got FTTC and the old
analogue phone works just fine when there's no volts to the house.

No, the point is that there *is* copper all the way back to the
exchange, so the line voltage and analogue calls are provided from there
just like the old days, it's only the broadband that is delivered from
the cabinet (it is possible to have line cards in the cabinets, but
openreach don't do that)