Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 23:12:50 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

Good. I plan to rent a trencher so this is not a manual dig.

If that is the case and you don't hit "ledge" or some other solid
obstacle I would go as deep as is practical (up to 24"). Nobody ever
got it trouble being too deep. Get a stick of 1" RNC (gray PVC) to
protect the cable as it comes out of the ground and 2 gray boxes to
make the turn into the building. Pack the pipe with duct seal around
the cable so ants don't have a tunnel into the box. You could use
"LBs" (conduit bodies) but boxes will let you add additional outdoor
receptacles on that circuit. Pigtail the connection with wirenuts.
Don't use the device as your splice.