Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default solar panels, was: cheap and long extensions, was: ...

In article , says...

I guess things have improved since my days working the
lab with George Steinmetz...

I don't know who Steinmetz is. Quick search showed him to be a
photographer.

Big, make that BIG, mea culpa. I meant Charles Steinmetz...

Just like with polio, where everyone knows about Salk
and Sabin, but hasn't/haven't heard of Hilary Koprowski [a],

Ok, Never heard of him either, or if I did, forgot him.

Looked him up and if he had a diode , it may have a lot of 'backflow'.

As mentioned , most any diode today will usually have micro amps reverse
leakage at normal temperatures.