Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default solar panels, was: cheap and long extensions, was: ...

[snippppp]

Any diode worth using will have so little 'backflow' it would take
years to drain a car battery.

I guess things have improved since my days working the
lab with George Steinmetz...

I don't know who Steinmetz is. Quick search showed him to be a
photographer.

Big, make that BIG, mea culpa. I meant Charles Steinmetz...

Just like with polio, where everyone knows about Salk
and Sabin, but hasn't/haven't heard of Hilary Koprowski [a],

or...

desegregation of bus lines, where everyone knows Rosa
Parks but similarly never heard of Claudette Colvin [b]
(not to be confused with the actress Claudette Colbert),

the early Electrical Genuises included the Very Well
Known Edison, Tesla, and (older folk will recall Westinghouse...)
there was also George Steinmetz [c]:

[a] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_Koprowski
[b] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin
[c] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Proteus_Steinmetz