Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Gas heating options

Martin Brown Wrote in message:
On 19/11/2019 10:32, John wrote:
One of our daughters lives in a house with no mains gas - only some
electric storage heaters.
Just pondering (on her behalf) - installing mains gas could be done at a
high cost - but then the cost of a boiler, etc makes it all economic
disaster.

Depends how high the cost is. They would want about £2M to put our
village on mains gas despite the fact that we are in the evacuation
danger zone for one of the UKs high pressure gas pipelines!

Before she sets about replacing a couple of knackered storage heaters - is
there a realisic bottled gas option to get some heat into the house - there
is an external wall in the lounge.

Bottled gas tends to be expensive and hard work in terms of cylinder
swaps during winter. Oil is a bit more tractable in rural areas as you
can easily have enough fuel to last out the cold season. Tactic is buy
in midsummer and use the rest of the year. Bad idea to be buying fuel
during a cold snap as both delivery and prices are unfavourable.

But not currently where oil prices are lower than August....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/