Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default cheap and long extensions, was: Why are extension cords hard to use?

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 1:54:43 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
our wait time down to just 10 mins or so. I'd much rather do that
than fiddle around with kludges.

Right. Fix the problem and quit screwing around with the external
power.

Some cars draw a bit of current while cut off. I am not sure how long
they would last, but should be good for a week before affecting the
starting.

BMW X5, the spec is 45ma. The one here draws 70ma,but close enough. Like I said though, you have to wait 5,10,15 mins maybe for it to go down to that after shutting it off. I also close all doors, hood, etc, lock it before measuring and look at the meter through the window. Leave a door open and who knows what happens. Maybe simple things like that are why the alleged mechanics can't figure it out.