Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default solar panels, was: cheap and long extensions, was: ...

In article , says...

Any diode worth using will have so little 'backflow' it would take
years to drain a car battery.

+1

I guess things have improved since my days working the
lab with George Steinmetz...

I don't know who Steinmetz is. Quick search showed him to be a
photographer.

Any diode worth uisng now has a reverse flow in the microamp range.
Even sorry ones will be much less than a milliamp.

I don't know about the reverse of the selenium rectifiers, but they have
not been used for very much of anything in the last 50 years or longer.
Probably not even made in the last 25 or more years.