Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas heating options

On 19/11/2019 12:37, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:12:45 +0000
Martin Brown wrote:

Bottled gas tends to be expensive and hard work in terms of cylinder
swaps during winter.

Our gas switches automatically from one cylinder to the other, and the
guy who delivers the new cylinder does all the work. All I have to do
is monitor the indicator to know when it has changed over, and make a
'phone call.

But in midwinter I would hazard a guess that when it is really cold
those gas bottles do not last long when compared to a 1500L oil tank.
You are much more dependent on timeliness of your supplier with gas.

Air source heat pumps are another option to consider for pure electric.
I know someone who has them and thinks they are great (OTOH we haven't
had a truly vicious cold winter since they moved in).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown