Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Gas heating options

John wrote:
One of our daughters lives in a house with no mains gas - only some
electric storage heaters.
Just pondering (on her behalf) - installing mains gas could be done at a
high cost - but then the cost of a boiler, etc makes it all economic
disaster.
Before she sets about replacing a couple of knackered storage heaters - is
there a realisic bottled gas option to get some heat into the house - there
is an external wall in the lounge.

I think you'll find that LPG (i.e. bottled gas) isn't much cheaper
than electricity, especially if you get Economy 7 and work at moving
as much consumption as possible to overnight.

We have a big LPG tank (came with the house, I don't think I'd have
chosen LPG) and a newish boiler but I doubt it's any cheaper than
electricity really.

--
Chris Green
ยท