Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Surge Protection Device

On 18/11/2019 17:13:12, Tricky Dicky wrote:
In my earlier post I mentioned my BCO insisted I fit a Surge Protection Device (SPD). The item arrived today and because the Surge Devices web site has some information but not the full install instructions, I have scanned the instructions in case anyone else was thinking about one and would like further information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8nv5zyk29...anual.pdf?dl=0

Is this not a contradiction:

"Connect to a 32A MCB b or c curve"
and
"You only need one arrester per board and all your outgoing circuits
on that board will be protected"

I thought the device relied on tripping a 32A MCB to disconnect that
specific circuit? Or will it take the company fuse with it?