Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Kind of a generic electrolytic cap question

On Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 11:09:21 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

'lytic caps go bad eventually. After removing the caps for testing you've already run the risk of damaging the board. Why put the old ones back? In broadcast gear small value caps are the most common failures. I've replaced thousands of 100uF 25 V caps. Unit price 32 cents, 1000 for $83. Buy in bulk and replace in bulk. It costs

less than testing and re-installing.

Right, at the small cost of the capacitors, it is foolish to put backin
an old one even if the board may have other problems and not used.

I've read that sentence like 5 times and all I can say is that you wouldn't be working for me..

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if people just post because they want to say *something*.