Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Crist Tom Crist is offline

Default Cleaning of antique dresser

My current project is the repair of a small, child's dresser that has spent the last 60 - 70 years stored in an attic or basement. Most of the glued joints are coming apart and the entire dresser is covered with ground in dust and dirt. I gave it a light brushing and blew it off with compressed air but it needs much more. Any suggestions on how best to clean it and what I could apply to enhance what remains of the original finish? I do not want to completely refinish this dresser, rather keep the old look.
Thanks!

Tom