Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default A little light relief

On 15/11/2019 09:05, RJH wrote:

Eh? Two £40 shops a month and the card's paid for.

Spend £80 and save nothing.

Two £200 shops a
month and you've saved £32.

I'll bet that Tesco has done a lot of research about how much it charges
for the card and what the typical big shop amount comes to. The card
charge will equal the discount given.

'Saved' in the sense of spending money at Tesco, of course.

Select your goods wisely. Tesco have been selling the (instant) branded
coffee that I prefer at around £7/jar mark for around the last two
years. I've been purchasing the same elsewhere for £4.50 to £5 for the
past few years. Shopper who only use one retailer can be fooled into
believing that the large supermarkets are competitive. A £32 saving on a
£400 shop may only be true if you buy everything at Tescos inflated prices!