Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default A little light relief

In article ,
says...

On 14/11/2019 08:59, alan_m wrote:

Its much the same as many deals in the large supermarkets. Tescos new
Club card plus costing the best part of £100 per year just goes to show
how much they don't value their customers who don't make a £200 shop
twice a month.

Eh? Two £40 shops a month and the card's paid for. Two £200 shops a
month and you've saved £32.

'Saved' in the sense of spending money at Tesco, of course.

In the days when the clubcard was free and you could exchange
the points for vouchers, we were visiting the West Somerset
Railway at Minehead.

I'd just exchanged our vouchers for tickets and, as I was
walking away, two men passed me with one boasting to the other
how much cheaper his senior citizen's ticket was.

I couldn't resist waving our tickets and saying we only paid
25% with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers!

His mate was livid "Just wait until I get home, I'll kill the
cow! I never get to see them - the moment they turn up they go
straight in her bag and she goes out and spends them!"

--

Terry