Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Repositioning heating programmer 8 metres...

On 13/11/2019 18:09, Jimk wrote:
John Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote in
o.uk:

The programmer on my heating etc is in an inconvenient location &
I want to move it.

The preferred location would involve an approx 8m cable run. I
have some 5 core 0.75mm2 flex.

Can I just stick it on the end of the 5core flex, i.e. extending
the current wiring?
Any electrical or other gotchas to be wary of?

TIA

Can't you go wireless and be more "future proof"

Just tried a hive (140 quid), wouldn't communicate through my
walls reliably enough to be worthy of being called wireless, so I
thought F it, old skule.... & save 120 quid...

And to get the full 'benefit' I believe you have to sign up
to a BG package that costs a tenner month or thereabouts.